The BackStage is the only swing away platform hitch rack on the market that swings out 180 degrees. No matter if you have a truck, SUV or camper van, this rack is perfect for those who need open access to the back end of their vehicle. Based around the MonoRail platform, the BackStage is an adaptable rack that is incredibly easy to use and provides full access to the back of the vehicle, even with bikes loaded. BackStage is a two bike rack only and not expandable to three bikes.
- The industry’s first 180 degree swing away platform hitch rack
- Carries 2 bikes, up to 60 lbs per tray. Not compatible with Add-On
- No contact with frame, secures bicycle by front wheel
- Carries road tires up to 5.0” fat bike tires, and diameters from 20” to 29”
- Compatible with bicycles’ wheelbases from 34” and 49”
- Folds flat against the vehicle, and tilts down 30 degrees to allow for hatch access
- Only available for 2" hitches. Uses RockyMounts premium 3-axis anti wobble system
- Includes locking hitch pin and cable lock, keyed alike
- Not for use with fender equipped bicycles.
- Rack weight 59 lbs (shipping weight 75 lbs)
Click here for the BackStage Instructions
- Click here for a Hitch Rack Comparison Chart
- Click here for the BackStage Dimension Chart
Click here to see the BackStage on a Sprinter
Fit Memo- For cargo vans a fit check is required. Depending on hitch manufacturer, handlebar width, vehicle wheelbase, and accessories an 8" Hitch Extension may be required for handlebars to clear door. For more information email email@example.com